Counterfeit Commodities is the Spring event for Ultima Online
It consists of a Champion Spawn and planting Green Thorns to summon mini-abomination rabbits
that can drop counterfeit eggs when they die.
~ April & May 2023 ~
** Note: The reward vendor will not be available until April 3rd, 2023 **
• Plant Green Thorns in Fields to Summon a Vorpal Bunny that look like mini-abomination rabbits.
• These rabbits have a chance to drop Curiously Adorned Eggs with a Counterfeit tag
• Turn these new eggs into the Counterfeit Commodities trader at Britain Commons for rewards
• All rewards from the Counterfeit Commodities vendor will be SHARD BOUND
Detailed Reward Info can be found below the Infographic below.
Champion Spawn Information
A special champion spawn has been placed near the Savage Camp in Ilshenar. Counterfeit Curiously Adorned Eggs may drop from the waves of spawn before the boss monster.
To find the spawn, say "Ilshenar Mint" to a Crystal Portal.
Then enter the cave entrance slightly south from where you arrived.
Once through that cave, head due south until you find the altar.
Level 1: Alligators and Boglings
Level 2: Forest Ostards and Giant Serpents
Level 3: Mud Pies and Dread Spiders
Level 4: Skrees and Scorpions
The boss is a "Putrid Swamp Bog" whose abilities may differ shard to shard, but expect high poisoning, dismounting, and very high health. The below lore pages are from a discorded boss.
The Champion Boss drops "Bogling Hide Mukluks"
Rewards from Counterfeit Commodities Vendor
New Parrot Colors:
Hues: 1164, 1920, 2075
Hues: 2750, 2731
Snake Plant Colors:
2604, 2568, 2523, 2509, 2658
2662, 2660, 2583, 2653, 2515
Hues: 2758, 2759, 2756, 2742
New Hedge Colors:
2715, 2716, 2717
Curiously Adorned Egg Colors
The eggs appear to drop in the same common colors as last year (see Spring Fever)
New colors observed with this content believed to be rare colors:
Quick Green Thorn Planting Guide
- Buy plant bowl from the provisioner NPC
- Acquire dirt, either from a field or buy 20 fertile dirt from mystic in Ter Mur
- Get green seed
- Get a jug of water
- Double click dirt, click the bowl
- Double click water, click the bowl twice so it's "soft"
- Double click seed, click bowl to plant it
- Now you have to check it every day. Give it water when it needs it (yellow for one drink of water or red for two drinks of water icons in the upper right) give it a greater poison or greater cure potion when it needs it (same color coding as before)
- Do this for 16 days to keep your plant healthy and at the end one plant will generate eight seeds and eight thorns.
You can do this on as many plant bowls as you want.
Buy the Rustic Theme expansion pack from the UO Store which gives you a single raised garden bed. More beds are available in an add-on pack. With these you simply plant the seed and wait the 16 days for a full harvest without any maintenance required.