The Nidaros Icy Run is coming to the Chesapeake Fair!
If you have not attended before, be sure to come, it will be great fun for all!
When: Saturday, November 10th at 4:00pm EST
Where: The Player Town of Nidaros:
Moongates will also be provided on the day of the event!
- As players arrive, they will be entered into a double-elimination bracket
- Once the first race starts, the brackets are locked
- If you are unfamiliar with double-elimination, it essentially means everyone keeps racing until you lose twice. The last person standing at the end is the winner.
- Costumes are welcomed (and encouraged!)
- Allowed Forms: Costumes, Polymorph, Mysticism, Spellweaving, and Necromancer forms are allowed!
- Disallowed Form: No Ninjitsu, Gargoyle Flying, or Mounts! (Nothing that gives you movement speed!)
- 2 players compete against each other at a time
- Each player picks a side and stands on the Green starting square
- The race coordinator will countdown "3... 2... 1... GO!". At the sound of "GO!" players will start running through the Icy Maze
- The first player to reach the Red ending square wins that heat
- At the start of the race, if a player slips and lands directly on the Red square, it is an instant win!
- At the start of the race, if a player slips and lands outside the starting area, but not on the red square, that player continues the race by re-entering the course
- There are lots of Icy Patches in the Icy Maze. You may slip and fall over walls at times. These falls are perfectly legal and expected. If you fall and end up ahead, keep going! If you fall and end up near the start, keep going as well! You never know when your opponent will have a bad spill!
- If you are on the last leg of the race and you fall off the course and beyond the Red square, you must return to the Red square and tag-up. If you do not tag the Red square on your way out, you have not finished!
- If at anytime something unexpected happens, the race coordinator will confer with the judges to determine a ruling. That ruling will then set a precedent for future events.
- First, Second, and Third place runners will receive a prize (to be revealed at the end of the event)
- All participants are eligible to complete in the "Guess A Winner" contest.
- Grab a book from the Steward, enter the name of who you think will win, and put it in the Mailbox before the event starts.
- At the end of the event, if you chose correctly you will win a prize!
Hope to see you there!